Bridge - Mill Inn
|Town or Locality:||Gawler|
Robert Haysom research; "the second Bridge was completed 23rd June 1870.
According to Glimpses of Gawler Vol2 p57 "The [3rd and present] Bridge was opened on 22nd January 1908 by Governor George Le Hunt and officially named "Gawler Bridge" in a christening ceremony by Mrs. Sarah Coombe." Her husband E.F. Coombe had lobbied for years to have this new bridge built.
To see photos of the bridge click here