Burials in Town of Gawler Cemetery (now Pioneer Park)
|Type of thing||Personal
Please click here to see the scans of the Burial records of the St Georges Anglican Church [in Orleana Square, Cowan Street, Gawler].
Burials took place in the Town of Gawler Cemetery [now Pioneer Park].
Willaston Cemetery opened in 1866 but there were then some more burials in Town of Gawler cemetery until the Town of Gawler Cemetery was closed in 1870.
In the last 50 years Town of Gawler Cemetery headstones have been transferred to Willaston Cemetery with many placed at its entrance.
See 1852 Burial #6.
See 1852 Burial #10
See 1853 Burial #21
A sad time for Gawler's most prominent citizen James Martin.