Craiglea High Street 25
|Address:||25 High St|
|Town or Locality:||Gawler|
Craiglea was owned by Dr W.H. Popham who used to fire a cannon from his front garden to announce to the town that the mail from England had arrived. Dr W.H. Popham is buried in St George's Anglican Cemetery in Cheek Avenue along with his two wives. On his death, his son Dr Francis William Home Popham lived there until he died in 1903.
Please click here to view photos of Craiglea.