Gawler - Angaston Rail Line Exhibition
|Type of event||Celebration
|Town or locality||Gawler
In 1857 a railway line was laid in three sections from Adelaide, first to Salisbury, then to Smithfield, and finally to Gawler. The first passenger train from Gawler to Nuriootpa departed on 15 February 1911. The first train to Angaston occurred on 25 August 1911. The official opening of the line occurred on 8 September 1911.
For more information on the exhibition and the history of the Gawler to Angaston Rail line, please click here.
Gawler History Team thanks Peter Hoy & Tony Piccolo for providing this exhibition and information.